The First Step of Starting a Business
Learn from business counselors about:
- what unique lifestyle requirements are involved in owning a business
- how to assess the feasibility of your business idea
- how to develop a business plan
- how to obtain financing
- how to market your product or service
- the steps you need to take to get started
- how to find out what regulations/licensing would apply to your business
- where to find other resources that you can use to help you succeed
The First Step of Starting a Business is offered by the Penn State Small Business Development Center. There is a $20 fee. Preregistration and payment are required; call 814-863-4293 or 717-247-1280, or use our online registration form.
Not available for our First Step seminar or need a refresher? To begin the PASBDC online tutorial for starting a business, click here .
Become a 2013 sponsor. Contact Laurie Linton for more details at 814-863-7374 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Doing business in Pennsylvania is only a click away. Visit www.paopenforbusiness.state.pa.us for a list of resources available for entrepreneurs, information on financial incentives for small businesses, and a library of forms and publications that you will need to start and grow your business. In addition, you can complete the Online Business Registration Interview (OBRI) to register your new business with the state.